Find a new or used car
• Set your budget and decide between new or used car, including financing options.
• If you choose a loan, calculate your maximum monthly amount to pay considering the interest.
• Make your search easy with AutoClub Amigo.
• Get more than one option.
• Consider the cost of car insurance.
Make an appointment to see the car
• Do not go alone to the place of appointment, go accompanied by a friend or family member.
• If it is a private seller, do not agree to meet in an unknown place, try a public parking lot or at your mechanic facilities.
• Know the car during the day, so you can identify details.
Testing and revision of the car chosen
• Check the rating that has been given to the seller on AutoClub Amigo page in his transaction history.
• Take your time in the car and check its internal functions.
• Once you have checked inside, make a drive test.
• Request bring it to a review with a mechanic you trust or select one from AutoClub Amigo. Do not skimp a little money to check the condition of the vehicle, avoid surprises.
• Do not proceed with the purchase of the car if the seller does not let you drive it and handle it to mechanical revision.
• KMS / Miles - Ensure that the odometer has not been tampered with. You can see it in service documents or your trusted mechanic.
Negotiate a good price
- Consider different options like:
o Year and model
o General condition
o Uncorrected defects
o Hidden defects that the mechanic can observe
• Buying from a dealer can result in a higher price but with better guarantees.
• Buying from a private seller can result in a better price but do not forget to check out the car with your trusted mechanic because there is no guarantee.
• If the car is in Mexico, check the Blue Book (or Metric Guide), as it will provide an estimate of the price of the car considering the model, year and version.
• You can check: http://www.guialibroazul.com/guia/
Documentation that covers the transaction
• Make sure that there is original invoice and all documents to the current payment of fees as required by local law.
• Consider verifying Registration Number or plates to the vehicle department to verify the legal status of the vehicle. It may have outstanding violations or fines.
• Require signing a contract of sale specifying the general and special conditions of the transaction and do not sign without reading the document.
• Attach a copy of identifications of both the seller and buyer of the contract of sale.
• Check whether the car is insured and remember to insure it immediately once you have made the purchase.
• Keep a copy of the vendor ID.
Payment of the transaction
• Avoid risk of identity theft.
• Do not send personal scanned documents online
• Ensure reviewing original documentation directly
• Be sure to fully and with identity document, identify the person with whom you are making the deal
• Do not go alone to the appoinment place
• Do not agree to meet in an unknown private place, try a bank or public institution.
• Check carefully and fully receiving documentation
• Do not carry cash, you should pay by bank transfer after verifying the documents and identity of the seller